- Go-anywhere choices: Install laminate flooring almost anywhere in your home. Add the look of hardwood or natural stone – even in basements, bathrooms or laundry rooms.
- Appearance: Laminate offers legendary versatility in a variety of colors and styles. Consider color and shading options as well as your room layout. Installed as planks or tiles, laminate can look so much like natural wood or stone that you’ll be hard-pressed to tell the difference.
- Heavy traffic and high moisture: Laminate handles both with aplomb. It’s either water, mildew and stain resistant or completely waterproof.
- Low maintenance: Laminate is easy to keep clean, even in the busiest households.
- Subfloors: Install laminate flooring on top of almost anything, with minimal subfloor requirements.
Ready for installation day
Some of our installers have worked with us for 15 years or more. Their professional experience helps your new floor look and perform its best.
Plan your checklist
- Decide who’s responsible for removing furniture and other objects. Installers can do this – for an additional fee.
- Installers may need to remove moldings and baseboards. Be prepared to take care of any repairs or paint touchups.
- Remove any breakables, computers and electronics before installers arrive.
- Clear off tables and desks.
- Remove the contents from bookcases, entertainment centers and armoires.
- Disconnect gas appliances in installation rooms.
- For closet installations, clear at least 3′ above floors to give installers room.
- Be at home to answer questions and verify what goes where.
- Keep yourself, kids and pets out of the way of installers and their tools.
- If our installers discover an existing leak or subfloor problem after they remove your old flooring, they’ll notify you immediately and provide you with a quote for additional repairs or prep work. For plumbing or electrical work, we’ll ask you to contact the right specialists.
- Before installers leave, walk through the space with the crew chief to tie up any loose ends.
- Your installers will tell you how long to wait before you walk or move furniture on your new floor.
- Clean furniture feet or rollers before you reposition furniture.
Ask us anything
Whether you’re redoing one room or your entire home, make sure you choose the right flooring for each application. Your Kermans Design Consultant will be happy to help you through these questions and more.
- Does this product suit my lifestyle?
- How will I use this floor?
- Will this work with pets and children?
- How long will this stay viable?
- Is moisture a problem in my home?
- Are my subfloors in good shape?
- Is laminate flooring really maintenance free?
- What’s the installation cost, and what’s included in it?
- How long will this installation take?
- Are your installers insured and bonded?
- Will my baseboards and trim pieces be a problem?
- What about my furniture and breakables?
And most importantly:
- Why should I choose Kermans?
We’re a family-run company with a century of expertise, a broad selection of high-quality flooring and a consultative approach to customer satisfaction. Our designers work with you at no charge as you refine your choices and find your best options.
Come to Kermans for the best of everything you need on your floors.