- Carpet seams: Most carpet comes in 12′ widths, pieced together with seams in wider rooms. Let our Design Consultants help you find the best seam placement for your traffic flow.
- Quality = durability: Greater pile density and tighter twist construction mean higher carpet quality – and greater durability.
- Color IQ: Installed carpet typically looks lighter than a sample you see in the store. With the free Kermans Sample Trial, check out large samples to take home and view in all kinds of light.
- The size of color: Lighter-color carpet makes a room look bigger, while darker carpet creates an intimate setting. Choose colors that match the way you see your spaces.
- Go neutral for resale: If you’re planning to move soon, pick a neutral carpet that helps prospective buyers feel right at home.
- Stain protection: Higher-quality carpets come with greater stain protection and increased warranty coverage.
- Padding: More than just an underlayer, padding actually determines how your carpet feels underfoot, and can help prevent damage and odors from spills.
Ready for installation day
Some of our installers have worked with us for 15 years or more. Their professional experience helps your new floor look and perform its best.
Plan your checklist
- Decide who’s responsible for removing furniture and other objects. Installers can do this – for an additional fee.
- Installers may need to remove moldings and baseboards. Be prepared to take care of any repairs or paint touchups.
- Remove any breakables, computers and electronics before installers arrive.
- Clear off tables and desks.
- Remove the contents from bookcases, entertainment centers and armoires.
- Disconnect gas appliances in installation rooms.
- For closet installations, clear at least 3′ above floors to give installers room.
- Be at home to answer questions and verify what goes where.
- Keep yourself, kids and pets out of the way of installers and their tools.
- If our installers discover an existing leak or subfloor problem after they remove your old flooring, they’ll notify you immediately and provide you with a quote for additional repairs or prep work. For plumbing or electrical work, we’ll ask you to contact the right specialists.
- Before installers leave, walk through the space with the crew chief to tie up any loose ends.
- Ventilate your room for 48-72 hours after the installation to banish odors from chemicals used in carpet manufacturing and installation.
- Vacuum new carpets frequently for the first few days to pick up loose fibers from natural shedding.
- If you see seams, remember that they disappear as you walk on your new carpeting.
- Carpets ship in tight rolls and may look a bit crushed right after installation. Humidity helps your carpet “bloom.” Run a humidifier to help out in low-humidity seasons or environments.
Ask us anything
Whether you’re redoing one room or your entire home, make sure you choose the right flooring for each application. Your Kermans Design Consultant will be happy to help you through these questions and more.
- Does this product suit my lifestyle?
- Will footprints show – and do I care?
- Will this work with pets and children?
- How will this coordinate with or compliment dominant colors in my room?
- If I repaint, what wall color(s) should I choose?
- Why is this more or less expensive than other options?
- What’s the stain warranty coverage?
- How long will this stay viable?
- What’s the installation cost, and what’s included in it?
- How long will this installation take?
- Are your installers insured and bonded?
- How do your installers handle seams?
- How do your installers stretch carpet?
- Why does padding come in so many types?
- Will my baseboards and trim pieces be a problem?
- What about my furniture and breakables?
And most importantly:
- Why should I choose Kermans?
We’re a family-run company with a century of expertise, a broad selection of high-quality flooring and a consultative approach to customer satisfaction. Our designers work with you at no charge as you refine your choices and find your best options.
Come to Kermans for the best of everything you need on your floors.