Caring for all types of area rugs.
We have expanded our cleaning and repairs abilities to include all rugs from handmade oriental rugs to custom broadloom rugs. We have also introduced a new pricing point to accommodate the different processes involved in cleaning machine-made and broadloom rugs. Contact us more information and any questions you may have for our cleaning department.
Dedicated to the art of delicate area rugs
At Kermans we specialize in treating delicate rugs of all kinds including Orientals, Silks, Machine-Made, Antique and all other Handmade rugs. Each area rug is treated individually with special attention and care for proper cleaning and the best results possible. At our state of-the-art cleaning facility, we determine the best cleaning technique and method that suits your rug’s particular weave, fibers and dyes. Our expert technicians extend the life of your rug and protect your investment with cutting edge processes that deep clean and revive the colors of your rug. Our trained team can also pick-up and deliver your rug for an additional fee, dependent of travel time and furniture moving requirements.
Steps to expertly clean your rug and protect your investment:
- Pre-inspect. We will review the condition of your rug for fading, discoloration, stains, wear, pre-existing damage, color instability and odors. Our specialists then determine what can be cleaned and the appropriate cleaning procedures to be used. (Please note, discoloration due to wear, fading, or chemical reaction is not reversible.)
- Dust. Dust and particulate matter lying deep within the rug are removed using specially designed tools before your rug is washed. Vacuuming, shaking or beating your rug can never completely remove dirt and dust. Foot traffic and dry soil can act like sandpaper on the fiber and it is important they are removed before deep cleaning occurs.
- Pre-treat. Any spots, spills and stains are treated using the most advanced spotting techniques that are safe for your rug.
- Pre-clean. For heavily trafficked and soiled areas.
- Agitate, dissolve, suspend and extract the ground in soils.
- Rinse. Special rinsing further removes soil and cleaning residue – restoring the natural feel.
- Restore. Using special grooming tools, we will restore your rug’s nap.
- Fringe cleaning. The fringe of your rug will be cleaned with special care. Fringe whitening is also available.
- Dry. Rugs are dried in our climate-controlled drying room. Drying time is typically less than 24 hours.
- Final inspection. We maintain the highest standards, so our inspection process is thorough. We never hesitate to repeat any steps that might be necessary to provide you with the cleanest rug possible.
- Stain resistant. Once cleaned, Kermans can apply a wool-safe stain resistant to your rug to help prevent any new spillage or dirt from penetrating the rug to ensure it stays cleaner longer.
Please check our special promotion page for valuable service coupons. Not valid with any other discount offers.
If your rug needs repair Kermans also offers repair services. We can re-fringe the ends of your rugs either by hand or by machine as well as re-serge the sides of your rug by hand or by machine. Additional repairs are available and we offer the very best padding for your investment.
Contact us for more information