Make the best decision with our area rug buyer’s guide.
There are so many options with area rugs that it is important to consider a few things before you start shopping. First, consider the overall tone of the room or area for the rug. Is it colorful or neutral? Lots of furniture or a hallway? Are you starting with an empty room or do you need to match a color scheme? It is important that the rug fit the room–and we’re not just talking about size. You need to consider the foot traffic, the lighting and the overall use of the room before selecting an area rug. As you start shopping, keep these in mind as well:
- Color is important. A rug with a bold, overall design can be the focal point of a room with a chair and sofa in solid or subdued patterns. Light colored rugs make a room look more spacious. While deeper colors lend coziness to a room.
- Don’t discount machine-made rugs. They look strikingly similar to a handmade rug, but they’re usually much less expensive. And Karastan’s Rugs have a 15-20 year manufacturers warranty!
- Don’t be boxed in by the idea of getting a rectangular rug. Kermans offers round, square and custom shaped rugs as well.
- Remember to bring a sofa cushion, a pillow, a piece of art, a paint chip or take a swatch of any fabrics you’d like to match with you when you shop for a rug. That way, you’ll have a better idea of what will complement your existing décor.
- Don’t underestimate the value of a rug pad. Kermans offers the best pad in the Industry. Not only will it absorb the impact of feet and noise, it will reduce wear and tear on the rug and make vacuuming easier.
There is a lot to consider when buying an area rug and Kermans is here to help every step of the way. Come in and our knowledgeable sales staff will walk you through all important decisions. Next on the list? Determining what to do and what to ask before you go shopping.